Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bazookas: ANM302 – Week 12


I like to blow things up. Maybe it's because when I grew up the Cold War was still on and all we had to play with were war toys. Maybe it's because I used to stay up late to watch the Muppets on the Ed Sullivan Show and the skit would inevitably end with something exploding (or Kermit getting eaten my a monster – I had nightmares!). In any event, I have chosen the explosion effect in Maya to be the main point of my final project in this class. To that end, I intend to animate an generic character rig, taking a bazooka, firing it at a small trailer (yes, that's something from my childhood too – my parents would drag me on camping trips in our trailer – I hated it!), causing the trailer to explode into a million pieces with a giant fireball. Fun, huh? So I have to model the bazooka, model the missile, model the trailer, animate the character and the missile, create a smoke trail for the missile, make the glass in the window of the trailer shatter when the missile hits it, make the trailer shatter into a million pieces while its associated bits go flying, and create a giant fireball to go along with all of it. Whew! Hopefully I haven't bitten of more than I can chew. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment