Thursday, December 2, 2010

The “Learning Maya Blues”: ANM302 – Week 13


3D animation is a funny thing to me. There are times that I really get into modeling, or skinning, or animating, or SFX but it never all happens at the same time. I always seem to start off doing whatever needs to be done with a great deal of frustration. I cannot figure out how I'm supposed to do whatever it is that I'm supposed to do because it's been so long since I did it last that I've forgotten the basics. Then, eventually, I hit my stride and blow through it only to start some new aspect of the project and run into the same wall. I'm sure it's a combination of my inexperience with Maya and the fact that it's and incredibly “deep” program (so much so that virtually everyone in the industry specializes in a particular facet). Needless to say I'm running into the situation with my final project since it requires modeling, animation, and several special effects. The thing is I like 3D animation and working with Maya...it's just that I hate it at the same time. Ah well, that's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment